As you are inquiring about different types cabinetry you need to understand there are traditionally three cabinety options: custom cabinets, semi-custom cabinets and stock cabinets.
- CUSTOM cabinets are typically more costly because they are specialized high end cabinets with durable materials and beautiful tailor-made designs. You can choose the look and design you want, and they are manufactured to fit your home in any width, depth or height needed (Kingdom Custom Cabinetry provides custom cabinets).
- SEMI-CUSTOM cabinets are just that - semi-custom. These will fall in the middle of the price range. They are typically offered in width increments of 3" with a few variations on depth and height. Most semi-custom cabinet lines offer a larger selection of door styles and finish options than stock cabinets, but far fewer than the typical custom cabinetmaker.
- STOCK cabinets are traditionally the least expensive of the three cabinet types. These typically offer few color and door style options, have a very limited range of size variations, and are always sold in width increments of 3".
When it comes to how you go about purchasing cabinetry, there are several differing types of cabinet companies.
- DESIGNER SHOWROOM: First there is the designer showroom that will typically represent several lines of manufactured cabinetry, mostly of the stock and semi-custom type. These showrooms display the different brands of cabinetry they offer, but they do not manufacture the cabinetry themselves. They are just one of many retail outlets for the manufacturer.
- CUSTOM CABINET MAKERS: Then you have local custom cabinet makers who design and manufacture cabinetry. These companies vary greatly in their design and manufacturing capabilities and typically only serve a local or, on occasion, a regional area. They are known for their ability to provide whatever you would like made and for offering and a very wide selection of colors, wood species, etc.
Kingdom Custom Cabinetry is a TRUE 32 Custom Cabinetry Affiliate: Then there are Certified True32 Custom Cabinetry Affiliates, a diverse group of affiliated custom cabinety companies spread out across North America that have the ability to design, engineer, assemble, deliver and install your Cabinetry in a timely manner, and to offer you a product that provides an incredible value based on our extremely effective manufacturing methods. Our plants integrate the best of lean and flow manufacturing methodologies into our processes, eliminating non-value added time and the typical work in process levels that drain traditional manufacturing companies' resources (men, materials and machinery). In every case, you will be dealing directly with the manufacturer and, in most cases, directly with the owner.
We look forward to serving your cabinetry needs with unique designs and a product that is a rare value.